Now available unprocessed royal jelly. Direct from the honey farms.
Royal jelly is a honey bee secretion that is used in the nutrition of larvae, as well as adult queens. It is secreted from the glands in the hypopharynx of nurse bees, and fed to all larvae in the colony, regardless of sex or caste.. During the process of creating new queens, the workers construct special queen cells. The larvae in these cells are fed with copious amounts of royal jelly. This type of feeding triggers the development of queen morphology, including the fully developed ovaries needed to lay eggs. Royal jelly is widely marketed as a dietary supplement. It is an alternative medicine that falls under the category of apitherapy.
Some benefits of royal jelly are that it contains a variety of nutrients, may provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, fights inflammation, antioxidant properties may support healthy brain function, regulates blood sugar by reducing oxidative stress and inflammation.
Meant to infuse up to 30g in a 1kg jar of honey for indicated usages
Come in 50g container frozen
Directions to infuse 1kg honey
- 1 kilogram of honey
- 25 grams of royal jelly
- Ensure that your honey and royal jelly are at room temperature.
- In a clean, dry container or jar, add 1 kilogram of honey.
- Measure out 25 grams of royal jelly.
- Gently warm the royal jelly to soften it. Place the container of royal jelly in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes until it becomes more pliable.
- Once the royal jelly has softened, add it to the honey in the jar.
- Stir or whisk vigorously to thoroughly mix the royal jelly and honey together. Ensure that the royal jelly is evenly distributed throughout the honey.
- Cover the jar tightly and allow the mixture to infuse for several days or up to a week. During this time, you can enjoy the honey, it’s also recommended to gently shake or stir the jar once a day to help the flavors meld.
- After the infusion period, the royal jelly will have incorporated its essence into the honey. The infused honey can now be enjoyed as desired.
- Store the infused honey in a sealed jar or container at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.